Friday, May 14, 2010

On Self-Publishing...


Recently, I was contacted by Hall Houston, a University EFL teacher in Taiwan, and the author of Provoking Thought about doing a contribution to his blog about my experiences developing and self-publishing Phat English. I'm one of several authors who will be featured in the article, and he is writing it to contrast self-publishing with going through a major publisher, and the respective pros and cons of each. I'm also happy that he is giving me an opportunity to speak about Phat and hopefully continue to introduce it to people who haven't had a chance to see it and/or hear about it yet. Although I've already sent him my contribution, the it will be coming out sometime next month, and I'm really looking forward to reading the whole thing (in particular the experiences of other authors) then.

1 comment:

Dave said...

hey bro...
I'm a Jamaican foreigner living in Japan and is also self publishing a book of poetry in English and Japanese...

I'm in the process now of applying for my ISBN and JAN bar code and doing every single thing myself...

Does self publishing mean that I use a cheap publisher?? or can I do every thing myself like get the printing and everything else done myself ?? (which is my plan)...